November 26, 2012
242 Reads
10 Likes
4 Comments
242 Reads
10 Likes
4 Comments

Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion

I have very fond memories of when I was a boy and opening my presents on Christmas morning with my brother. Whatever we received his was always red and mine was always blue. He supported Stoke City, I supported Birmingham City.

I received a number of great presents over the years, including a Chopper bike, Space Hopper, Tandy electronics set, Matchbox Racers, Mouse Trap etc.

I remember great times when we used to take one of my mums old stockings and place them on the end of the bed and then my brother and I would look out of the window and convince each other we had seen Father Christmas flying across the night sky.

In the morning our stocking fillers might would include apples, oranges and walnuts...them were the days!

The best Christmas present I remember was Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion.  I wasnt a young lad, I was 30 and it kept me busy for a few months.

http://www.gamefabrique.com/teasers/mickey-mouse-castle-of-illusion.jpg

It was a platform game, you had three lives and if you lost all three, unlike games today, you went all the way back to the start. 

http://v018o.popscreen.com/eHNqZjBzMTI=_o_vga-mickey-mouse-castle-of-illusion-gameplay-console-.jpg

I had a mate come round every night and we would take it in turns trying to progress through the game. It was about an hour and half to play all the levels to the end and trying to beat the boss at the very end of the game alone took about 20 attempts...really really frustrating but great fun.

The TV nearly had a joystick thrown through it on many occassions!

Only 30, eh? A mere slip of a boy...
1 year ago
OH MY GOD!!! I loved this game. Completely forgot about it. I remember that (this might possibly have been the sequel), you could play 2 player with Donald, and his pickled onion shaped bum would get stuck in small gaps and Mickey had to pull him out. Genius. Sorry Nick, I was a little younger than thirty though...
1 year ago
Lori   
I so would like this. Looks easier to play than some of these PS3 games these days.
1 year ago
Can't wait to see what the PS4 games will do to us.
1 year ago
In order to comment, please sign in
If You Like This