November 15, 2012
70 Reads
8 Likes
3 Comments

70 Reads
8 Likes
3 Comments

Reality Hunger Games

All major electoral leaders should be chosen through reality survival games. 

There's a trend at the moment for non-celebrity public figures, i.e. politicians, to get themselves onto reality TV shows. The most recent example is Nadine Dorries, the Tory MP, who's decided that eating bugs in Australia is a better way to engage new audiences than knocking on doors. It's either that or she just wants to increase her twitter followers.  Whatever the reason I'm sure it will increase her reach, her influence and make her career (for a while). That career may not be in politics anymore, depends what she does, but it'll make her news worthy for some time I'm sure.

Personally I hate 'get me out of here' and make a point not to watch it, but I do, I'm afraid to say, watch other equally as addictively toxic shows which would be pigeoned in the same hole. (I'm just making phrases up now). What these shows do so well is give time to the everyday side of a personality. You get a flavour of how they react in situations that aren't professional in nature and get a real feeling about whether you like these people personally. I understand the argument that 'you don't need to like your political leaders' but I'm not sure a agree with it 100%. Maybe it's less about liking and more about understanding. If I understand a personality I feel that I can predict more clearly how they will react in situations. If I can predict then I can trust. 

Wouldn't it be great then to take these shows to the next level and create situations that exposes all the traits that are required for offical governing roles. 

For the next general election we should drop all the prime ministeral candidates in the middle of the Outer Hebrides with £5, a packet of cigerettes and some chocolate. Using their skills in survival, negotiation, strategy and resource management they have to get back to Westminster in the quickest time possible. That's the person I want running the country. For the financial guys, let's put them on some combination of Dragon's Den and The Apprentice, get them to put their house on the line and give them a week to double their money.

You get the point. There are certain personality traits that need to be exposed before our key leadership positions are filled. We need assurances that they have what it takes. So let's find out before... Reality Hunger Games are the future!

:)

If You Like This
Howwwlist and shower singer.
Comments
"Maybe it's less about liking and more about understanding. If I understand a personality I feel that I can predict more clearly how they will react in situations. If I can predict then I can trust. " Spot on. I think this is where some commentators miss the point of Boris Johnson. It's not that people necessarily like him or his views, but he will predictably behave like an oaf in all situations. That's reassuring, and in itself something you can trust.
1 year ago
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Yes, please! I don't know about anyone else but for me at least, today's Politicians are largely nameless and instantly forgettable aside from a handful of "characters". There's way too much time and money spent talking about doing rather than doing itself. Let's get some doers in there - especially if they know how to survive in the REAL WORLD!! And, I like watching Bozza Johnson. His actions are quite often comedy genius especially given the way he makes it look like he's being serious. Although, I think his parents set the tone when they gave him the initials BJ...
1 year ago
Hummm, I think you may be on to something about the politians and such and do a "hunger games" type of elections. I would all over that to see who is really wanting and is worthy enough to be our Prime Mnister and other ministries over here.
1 year ago
In order to comment, please sign in