November 15, 2012
148 Reads
1 Like
0 Comments
148 Reads
1 Like
0 Comments

Hot Stones Vichy Hydro Massage

I'm not a spa person.  But last week, as a treat a my Mum's big birthday, I went with a small group of ladies to a spa.  I'd been pre-booked in for a treatment and to be honest I didn't know what to expect.

"Hot Stones Vichy Hydro Massage" - even the name didn't really reveal much about what was going to happen to me.  I'd heard of a hot stone massage, and so the extra words in between just sort of passed me by.  But when I entered the room to be surrounded by a strange shower contraption I started to wonder whether I should have paid more attention.

It turns out that "Hot Stones Vichy Hydro Massage" is a top-to-toe treatment using the latest techniques where you're massaged under a shower, and the shower is passed over specific areas of the body.

My body was exfoliated with rock salt, cleansed with a nourishing aromatherapy bath oil and water ritual and then massaged with hot stones.  To be honest I was a bit skeptical, but once I found myself in a position on the bed where I wasn't inhaling the cascading water I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I left the massage room in a very Zen state, feeling deeply relaxed and strangely light.  

I won't even pretend to understand the technicalities of what the massage did, or how it worked.  All I know was that I'd recommend it.

I had my treatment here: http://www.thermaebathspa.com/treatment-prices/ourtreatments/details/vichy-rainforest-shower 

In order to comment, please sign in
If You Like This